What additional features does the FreeStyle Optium Blood Glucose meter have?
- Foil wrapped strips protect from air and moisture and convenient to store and carry.**
- Starts test only when enough blood has been applied to minimise result errors and reduce strip wastage.
- No interference with non-glucose sugars to help minimise result errors^
- Top fill or end fill test strips for easy sample application and visual confirmation.
- A second drop of blood can be applied within 5 seconds if initial drop size is too small, to reduce strip astage.
- Ability to test for both blood glucose and blood ketones and assist in sick day management.
- AST (Alternate Site Testing) to test on areas other than your fingertip*
- Small blood sample required – 0.6 microlitres.
- Test time 5 seconds for quick results.
- Backlight to assist in low light testing.
- Large screen for clear and easy to read results.
- Icon driven menu makes it easy to view results with scrolling options.
- Displayed averages of 7, 14 and 30 days.
- Large memory of 450 results.
For more information contact Customer Service on 1800 801 478.
back to top
^Schleis,TG,Interference of Maltose, Icodextrin, Galactose or Xylose with some blood glucose monitoring systems, Pharmacotherapy 2007;27(9) 1313-1321. * If your blood glucose levels are low, test using your fingertip.
** Richard J Melker, Test Strips for Blood Glucose Monitors are Not Always Accurate, Diabetes Care, Vol 26, No 11, Nov 2003.